A well-spoken, assertive, diligent individual with an energetic personality, customer focussed creative, coupled with your thirst to succeed could set you up for an enviable HR opportunity within Africa. This position’s core focus is to provide a full HR Administrative and Operational function to the Group including Talent Management Administration, Support to Learning & Development objectives, IR and general HR administration, reporting and coordinating all Special Projects regarding People Management within the Group. The Individual should possess the ability to build and foster professional and sound relationships with employees and Management and render a Value added service in the execution of the activities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide an efficient HR support service to the company to ensure:
- To Initiate, plan, execute, co-ordinate the integrated Human Resource activities.
- Advise and facilitate the application of HR policies, rules, procedures and standards.
- Advise on, facilitate and execute the applicable IR/ER practices and procedures relating to disciplinary cases; grievances; consultations; industrial action; conflict and dispute resolution and union and employee forums.
- Monitor shop-floor morale; manage union representative enquiries and issues.
- Ensure the company has the right people in the right positions.
- Enabling a positive working environment (through the development and implementation of various and related interventions) as well as create and maintain that is conducive to continuous improvement and development of employee capability and capacity and where employees feel valued and respected.
MAJOR TASK HEADINGS / KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- All HR Activities and Projects are actioned and executed and successfully finalised.
- Apply Solid and Proven Employee Relations in a Unionised environment as well as foster conductive and productive relationship in the Industrial Relation Environment
- Learning, Training and Development
- Manning (Recruitment, Selection and Termination)
- Workplace Performance
- Human Resources Administration and HR Information System
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Solid knowledge of HR principles, processes, systems, procedures and practices.
- Solid knowledge of general administrative systems and processes.
- Solid knowledge of all applicable HR related legislation (BCEA,LRA,EE, BBBEEE). Manufacturing environment will be beneficial
- Understanding of budget systems and controls.
- Understanding of organisational business processes and procedures.
- Computer literacy VIP (advantageous) & MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Good problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Reporting and analytical Skills
- Organized and deadline driven
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work independent and as part of a team.
- People and task orientated.
- Creative and innovative.
- Action orientation.
- Customer orientation
- Deadline driven
- Relevant HR-related Degree / Diploma
- VIP Accredited Payroll and HR experience and training (Advantageous)
- 5-7 year’s generalist HR experience, preferably in a Manufacturing and Unionised environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of VIP Payroll Premiere